Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 23.....and 24!

I missed again, go figure. So for yesterday I am thankful for books. As I have said before I am bot much of an electronics person. So I'm not really into the books online or books on tape or kindle, or any of that crap. I like books that I can hold in my own two hands, that I can flip pages and have bookmarks and all! I love books. Even the ones that are electronic, just not as much as the ones that I can hold :)

For today I am thankful for mini bats. It may seem like a weird thing, but, I have a miniature baseball bat in my room. I got it from going to a baseball field when I was younger and just kept it for some odd reason. So now it is my official spider killer. I absolutely hate spiders, so there is no way I will get close enough to one to kill it with hand and a tissue. I used it today and I was just very thankful to have it in my possession! :)

Hebrews 5:8-9
Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him.
Heard this one in church today and I really like it. It shows that Jesus' life wasn't a bed of roses. I feel that it can seem that way sometime. Well, he was perfect, and he never did anything bad so obviously it was easy. Those are the kinds of thoughts that a lot of people misunderstand. I was one of those up until I read this verse today. I never fully realized, for some reason, that it was extremely difficult on him just as it is us. He just had the will in him to day no. I wish I had that inside me. It would save a lot of trouble for me haha! And of course the last part about how when he was made perfect he became the source of eternal salvation for those who obey is pretty awesome! Just another reminder of how if you trust in him, you will forever be his and his yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment