Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day 3

Ohhh, day 3. I wanted to do this much earlier. Guess that's what happens when you share a computer with two other people..... So anyways, it was a bit difficult to find something that stood out to me to blog about. After toiling with the possibilities I came up with, Church. I have recently left my old church family and have been looking for a new one. I left because the church is dying, to put it nicely. So me and my boyfriend have been looking at places. We went to a new place this morning and it was pretty much what we were looking for. Not going to jinx it by saying this is the one, but we really enjoyed it and this is the first one we are really considering going back again. Now, the thing about church and staying home and watching it on TV or doing your own bible study with yourself or one other person is the people, obviously. People add so much to that kind of experience. It's like a concert. When you watch a concert on TV it's really nice and enjoyable, yet when you are there you can feel the excitement in the air and feel the bass through your body. It's much more enjoyable, that's how church is, for me at least. Today I am starting the verse for the week thing. I wanted to start it at the beginning of the week. Psalm 118:6 "The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" This verse is my verse is pretty much saying nothing can harm me because God is protecting me. I find this a difficult concept a lot of times. For instance, I hate thunder storms. When there is one, at night, I curl up in the fetal position and pray that it goes away till it goes away. Spiders also, I freak out when I see them and if they are in my room I'll pretty much cry every time. These are even little things that are so meaningless in the grand scheme of things, yet these are some of my biggest fears. I also think that it is reminding us that the Lord is going to protect you so why worry about dumb things that he is in control of?

No comments:

Post a Comment